A regular and healthy Menstrual Cycle occurs every 28-35 days as it is different for every woman according to her body type. But when the cycle doesn’t occur even after 35 days, it can amount to a serious health problem and can further lead to issues such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), difficulties while conceiving, or even complete infertility. In such a situation, seeing your doctor is a go-to option. Delayed periods are a matter of concern and should never be taken lightly.
Following are some effective home remedies that can be included to your daily diet plan to assist in regularizing your menses:
Eating unripe or raw Papaya helps in contracting the uterus muscles and stirring up the period cycle. It stimulates the estrogen hormone in the body. If you are experiencing irregularity in your period cycle, it is advised to include this fruit in your dietary routine.
Apart from many other benefits, Parsley boosts the blood flow into the pelvic area which then stimulates contractions in the uterus. Parsley can be consumed in many different forms such as boiled or dried. You can sprinkle dried parsley onto your favorite dishes or drink Parsley Tea.
Curcuminoid has many antispasmodic properties which can relieve muscle spasms especially in the bowel and help induce menstruation naturally. Curcumin is best consumed with Milk. Honey or jaggery can also be added to sweeten it. Repeat this daily to witness results.
Ginger helps in balancing hormones responsible for menstruation. It increases the period flow and regular intake can put an end to menstrual irregularities. Its consumption is easy as ginger is a common ingredient in many foods and hot beverages. Including ginger in your meals can help regulate hormones.
Women who suffer from PCOS have high insulin levels which affect other hormones too. Cinnamon helps manage insulin levels and regularize the period cycle. It provides warmth to the pelvic region and helps boost blood flow. It benefits the most when consumed for three initial days of menstruation. You can drink Cinnamon Tea or add powdered Cinnamon to warm milk.
Aloe Vera is another potent food addition to treat menstrual irregularities. It has alkalizing properties which help achieve menstrual regularity naturally. Pull out the gel from the leaf, add one teaspoon of honey and consume it before breakfast daily for 4-5 months.
Precaution: This remedy should not be consumed during menstruation.
Lifestyle Changes to induce Menses:-
Modern Lifestyle has induced unhealthy diets as well as insalubrious habits. Changing them can help a great deal. Let’s see how:-
- Lack of Physical Activity: If you have a routine of sitting at your desk for straight 8-9 hours, getting home, eating, and bingeing shows while in bed, you don’t need to look any further for the causes. Working out at least 4 days a week and moving your body can boost blood flow to the pelvic faster than you would know.
- Healthy Diet: Maintaining a healthy weight is an important factor too. Obesity hinders blood flow. Healthy Lifestyle means Healthy Eating. Fix your days for Junk food. Avoid munching whatever and whenever you feel like it. Set a routine and include nutritional food to make it a balanced diet.
- Detoxify the Mind: Stress can make a mess of your life as well as your menstrual cycle. When you are stressed, the body releases a hormone called cortisol which muddles with estrogen & obstructs the flow. Therefore, slacken the worries, relax your mind and enjoy chumming!
The right time to seek medical advice:-
- Blood flow suddenly changes, heavy or low
- You get two-period cycles in one month
- You miss three cycles consecutively
- You experience bleeding after sex
- You suspect you may have conceived
- You stop having periods before 45
- You are still having periods after 55
So to conclude, it’s better to have an iterative check on your Lifestyle & Behavior and try to include naturally available additives into our meals. Taking pills for day-to-day sickness can incite other health issues, so it’s better to heal such minor issues by including naturally available food items in your daily routine. It is also necessary to maintain your personal hygiene in order to avoid or minimize issues with your menstrual cycle.